The art of well-being
Shiatsu, what is it?
Shiatsu is a manual energy discipline officially recognized in Japan.
Derived from traditional Chinese medicine, working on the meridians and acupuncture points, it offers a holistic approach, that is to say taking into account the entire body.
The practitioner uses different techniques: pressure, stretching, percussion and vibration.
Shiatsu balances the body's energy, releases muscle tensions, fights stress, improves physical, mental and emotional health.
Shiatsu is practiced dressed on a futon on the floor.
Shiatsu, for whom? for what?
- Relief of pain (muscle, tendon, joint) related to sport, age, work, stress, emotional distress
- Strengthening the self-defense system of the body
- Rebalancing of the autonomic nervous system (sympathetic and parasympathetic)
- Harmonization mind-body
- Relaxation and Wellness
- Help when switching from one season to another
How is a session?
It starts with a little interview to determine the expectations and needs of the patient.
With knowledge of energy flow (Qi) in the body, I can then adjust my actions to offer personalized care.
Lying on the futon (supplied), in comfortable clothing (preferably natural fibers, cotton type), you just have to relax and to enjoy the benefits of shiatsu.
Shiatsu is a therapy that enhances the process of self healing. However, it is cons-indicated in the following cases:
- Severe Osteoporosis, phlebitis, epilepsy
- Fever, acute inflammation
- Important Dermatoses, severe heart disease
- All serious conditions